Monday, January 02, 2006

Can Coconuts Levitate?

I am currently in the middle of a fascinating coconut-based conversation with Mr. Murray about the levitational qualities of a coconut. He dreamt that the fine hair would aid its lifting powers. If that is the case, then all people living in coastal areas, with tropical temperatures, will be at the forefront of the new movement and we Irish will be trying to beat some aeronautical life out of our potatoes.

New Year's Eve was predictably hilarious and inebriated. There was an inflatable basketball hoop; horribly discoloured but delicious punch; a briefly broken engagement over a terrible (but stupidly funny rumour that the male partner had had a homoerotic romp in front of Queen's with his mate) which was resolved within 15 minutes; Kevin's brother, Paddy, blessing Kevin's room with it's first Jack Daniel's based puke and about fifteen eavesdropping-worthy rows. A typical party indeed. And I have learnt that in order not to kill the atmosphere at a party, don't start the Big Countdown from 43 seconds when 10 will do.

I have now mentally adjusted to the well-worn fact that children here are not Asian. Strangely, this was the one thing that took the most getting used to when I arrived. I was used to all children looking chubby, bright eyed and puffy haired and now there are - gasp! - colour variations and wispy golden curls. That said, I miss the children that I taught. I hope that my teaching didn't in any way damage them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes. unfortunatly I was very sober for all those proceedings. And an even better way to kil the atmosphere is to count down from 989 secs!!! Though I tired of that. Any the therapy is going well, I've repressed most of the night so all's good. Oh and come May'06 you will believe potatoes can fly!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home