Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Yet Another Sad Day Time TV Capitulation

Oh, Deal or No Deal. How I didn't want to like you, mainly because of the fact that your entire premise is built around luck and yet you try bravely to pass it off as 'skill' and 'tactics'. I tried to resist...and failed miserably. I blame it on Noel Edmond's tucked in shirts. I blame it on the antics of the Banker and the fact that he is delightfully evil. And most of all, I blame it for being at the comfortable time slot of 4:15pm, when I have a cup of tea and biscuits and oh my God I have no life!

Well, that's not strictly true. I am currently in the process of trying to be a real Australian again. To get my passport, I need to do an interview so I am trying to prep myself up on all things Australian, much like Apu tried to learn to be 'American' in his pursuit of citizenship. So I know;

- what way a boomerang goes (never where you expect it)
- what's on the Australian flag (the Southern Cross and a cross of another, slightly more colonial design)
- how to save water when there's a drought (drink less, wash less and neglect your garden no matter how nice your neighbour's chrysanthemums are)

I'm a shoo in!

I just read that John Travolta had to make an emergency landing in Shannon Airport. I can only hope that he didn't distress too many sheep. Nobody ever thinks about the sheep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home