Nerdoff!
I am currently in the middle of a 'nerd-off' with a fellow geek like creature and I am actually quite saddened at how many horrific nerd like qualities I have -
1) Healthy eating - apparently eating lots of vegetables is good for one's health and detrimental to one's coolness factor. If I was to be cooler, my diet would consist of bacon sandwiches and 57 varieties of cheese.
2) My teenage years - There are photos of me as a teenager that are hilarious as they are confidence shredding. I had, in no definite order, braces, a bad fringe, spots, a tendency to smile with the lips tightly closed (i.e a scowl) and a predilection for badly fitting jeans.
3) Fancying Matthew Bellamy for 8 years - he's really hot, ok? H-O-T. I refuse to apologise for being attracted to a man who is a quarter of my mass and who wears multi coloured woolly jumpers.
4) Buffy The Vampire Slayer - I wanted to recreate her every move - which casts a vaguely sinister light over the reasons why I did tae-kwon do.
5) Thick lensed glasses - a nerdy stereotype, I know, but heck, I comply!
6) Regular baking fits
7) Regular museum visits
8) I briefly, actually considered attending a sci-fi convention
9) Comedy knickers
So ha! I am indeed a nerd. I will not be cowed, or intimidated from my superior nerd position, unless someone threatens me soundly. In fact, I am going to go out and buy ill fitting jeans. Right now!
I am back in Belfast and working temporarily in Subway. The highlight so far has been meeting a rather hot Belfast Giants ice hockey player and getting to wear a snazzy apron. But being back in a city is cool - I am partying incessantly, going to gigs (Mogwai! - excellently depressing) and most importantly, catching up with the people that I have missed over the past year.
As for those of you that I am missing right now, I bestow a small gift upon you -
http://www.frikis.org/images/frikis/fame/david_hasselhoff.jpg
1) Healthy eating - apparently eating lots of vegetables is good for one's health and detrimental to one's coolness factor. If I was to be cooler, my diet would consist of bacon sandwiches and 57 varieties of cheese.
2) My teenage years - There are photos of me as a teenager that are hilarious as they are confidence shredding. I had, in no definite order, braces, a bad fringe, spots, a tendency to smile with the lips tightly closed (i.e a scowl) and a predilection for badly fitting jeans.
3) Fancying Matthew Bellamy for 8 years - he's really hot, ok? H-O-T. I refuse to apologise for being attracted to a man who is a quarter of my mass and who wears multi coloured woolly jumpers.
4) Buffy The Vampire Slayer - I wanted to recreate her every move - which casts a vaguely sinister light over the reasons why I did tae-kwon do.
5) Thick lensed glasses - a nerdy stereotype, I know, but heck, I comply!
6) Regular baking fits
7) Regular museum visits
8) I briefly, actually considered attending a sci-fi convention
9) Comedy knickers
So ha! I am indeed a nerd. I will not be cowed, or intimidated from my superior nerd position, unless someone threatens me soundly. In fact, I am going to go out and buy ill fitting jeans. Right now!
I am back in Belfast and working temporarily in Subway. The highlight so far has been meeting a rather hot Belfast Giants ice hockey player and getting to wear a snazzy apron. But being back in a city is cool - I am partying incessantly, going to gigs (Mogwai! - excellently depressing) and most importantly, catching up with the people that I have missed over the past year.
As for those of you that I am missing right now, I bestow a small gift upon you -
http://www.frikis.org/images/frikis/fame/david_hasselhoff.jpg

4 Comments:
You will never be a nerd, because
a) you are a hot girl, and
b) you do not play Warhammer.
I win!
I met Micheal Shanks and Christopher Judge (Daniel Jackson and T'ealc from StarGate SG1) at special signing thing. I have ill-fitting jeans. Emm need I type more?
Ha! You both think that you outnerd me but I have a secret weapon up my sleeve...I shan't reveal it, however, as it will most likely fill you with shame and foreboding, as it is the nerdiest thing you could ever conceive.
Emm, This secret weapon is a mystery I shall have to unravel... I'm too tired to think of the nerdiest thing I can ever conceive, gonna try and sleep before 2am. Catch ya later
Post a Comment
<< Home