Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Captain Kerry Lopez!

This blog is going to be dedicated to a woman which my friend Emma and I have decided to admire to the point of obsession. We have never actually met her - she is the captain of the boat that we hope to see whales from - but on the front of the brochure, there is a picture of her in all her eighties shoulder padded, windswept blonde glory. Hurrah Australia! She is reminiscent of Kylie in her Neighbours hey-day.

Speaking of Neighbours, I caught the penultimate episode featuring Robert, the bug eyed resident psycho. I won't give anything away but it is HILARIOUS! Pantomime acting all around.

Hostel living is proving to be fantastic fun. I have met some brilliant people and we're in a constant state of partying / bumming. Freeman and I are probably going to move into an apartment this weekend so I plan on making the most of what's left. Tonight, there is a 'Cops and Robbers' theme night so I was hoping to go as Robocop. Or Winona Ryder. It all depends on whether I can find a giant trench coat with multiple pockets.

This week is going to bring yet more whale watching and - excitingly - Australia Zoo! Steve Irwin is, as we all know, a resident Australian demi-god and the prospect of actually seeing him in the enthusiastic flesh is almost too much for a girl to bear. Hilariously, he no longer wanders around his own zoo because apparently amorous American girls literally try to rip the shirt off his back. I don't know about anyone else but the concept of Steve Irwin actually being a sex symbol is a little disconcerting. To me, he is rather sexless. You can imagine his children being delivered on the back of a kangaroo a lot easier than you can see him actually copulating. Eww!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked with Capt. Kerry on her whale watching boat a few years ago.She is an incredible person,all the hype is true.On the water she is a GOD.Even the 'old salts' quietly admit there is no one safer obn the bay than she.
Thumbs up from me.
p.s. Seeing whales up close is almost as beautiful as seeing my children born.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home