Thursday, April 19, 2007

Possible Spontaneous Combustion

Ha, I considered writing a powerful blog about Cho Seung-Hui and the Virginia Tech massacre and realised that not only would I be adding to the miles of cyberspace already dedicated to this topic but I would only come up with something as meaningful as 'Guns bad. Shooting people bad.' Such poor language, of course, would somewhat undermine a terrible tragedy.

I am back off to Korea on Saturday and apart from lots more traumatising packing (I'm using the backpack that I travelled the world with and have rediscovered the joys of rolling and stuffing things down into dark cobwebby corners), all is going surprisingly smoothly. I say that and right now my passport has probably spontaneously combusted.

Speaking of passports, I finally received my Aussie one. Huzzah for dual citizenship!

My friend Wiggy, in a fit of benevolence, allowed me to drive his car this evening. I haven't driven since at least three years ago and during that short time, I became well acquainted with ditches, hedges and suspicious looking plastic bags which somehow puff up and become formidable on a dark country road. There was no damage done apart from Wiggy running after the car in a panic, opening the back door whilst it was still moving and shouting 'Do you actually know how to stop it?' The benevolence ended there, especially with my wobbly clutch action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home