Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Parental Supervision

Hey!

My parents and brother arrived in a flurry of chocolate, clothes and cleaning products - never before had I been able to see the floor of my balcony due to a thick coating of yellow dust. Anyone who knows my mother knows that she comes replete with cleanliness and I have been inundated with rare, exotic products that I hadn't thought to purchase (for eg. a mop). It is excellent to see them, though, and to see that they haven't changed and neither, apparently, have I. This was a little disappointing - was I not more worldly wise? Did I not have a teacher's air of responsibility and discipline? Obviously only in my head.

Things I have done with my parents:
1)Shopped (whilst Kym looked angrily on)
2)Scaled the 63 building and viewed Seoul in all it's dusty sprung-up-in-the-last-fifty-years glory
3)Went on swan boats, in which my mother was a veritable backseat driver - 'Watch that one over there! Turn! TURN!'
4)Took them to a galbi restaurant where my dad actually almost mastered chopsticks on his first go. We were all suitably impressed.

I also booked my trip to Hong Kong and look forward to seeing the formerly English ruled part of China, where you can access different street levels on escalators. ESCALATORS! I have images of the 7up ad with the baggy trousered 'yoof' who was de-pantified...then transferred this image of me, in a voluminous skirt, on a open air stairway of possible death. Maybe I should opt for hot pants.

It is my workmate, Irene's 22nd birthday today, which leaves me as the only 21 year old in the office. We are planning to celebrate tonight by going bowling (which translates roughly into a drinking session wearing shoes saturated in previous bowlers' sweat).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home