Blast My Cueing Ineptitude!
I have just been beaten in pool by Mike (albeit, it was by de-fault, the two most beautiful words in the English Language.) I have now been ostracised as the left handed, poor eye-sighted, shoddily clothed amateur that I am and am now taking advantage of the free internet. It pays to be able to take advantage of even the darkest of situations.
I have recovered nicely from my fall, but perhaps not nicely enough for what I have just ill-advisedly signed myself up for - intense Tae-kwon Do lessons. I remember doing TKD for a few months as a gymnasium challenged freshman but I was surrounded by others quite as imbecilic as myself. Now, however, it will be for five nights a week, with four vicious Irish women who have spent the day being mentally stymied by reams of ungrateful children (and there is one who claims that she likes to hit the people that she knows the most, and shies from strangers). Intense, to say the least. I envision situations like this -
Walking down the corridor in school. Fellow teacher / tae-kwon-doer accidentally bumps into person but victim is convinced of the deliberateness of the move and later batters the crap out of her whilst protesting that this is the nature of the sport.
Nothing shall ever be innocent again. I look forward to the bruises and the blood clots.
I spent an extremely interesting weekend in Gunsan with Cara. We were on an air base having a barbeque (with real cheese!) and playing rugby (a real game!) albeit with an American football. Then we had a drunken night out in a place called, in a fit of inspiration and probably for the cerebrally challenged that frequent it, America Town. This is a place that consists of the following - juicys, plastic beakers, faux champagne, sleazy military men devoid of qualms and some interesting cocktails that are eminently drinkable and horrifyingly inxicating. It all ended, messily, with someone belting out Paradise City and some creative tambourining in a noribang.
I shall return to the pool table now steeled against humiliation (a lesson well learned in university, methinks, through discovering the things that you're really crap at.)
I have recovered nicely from my fall, but perhaps not nicely enough for what I have just ill-advisedly signed myself up for - intense Tae-kwon Do lessons. I remember doing TKD for a few months as a gymnasium challenged freshman but I was surrounded by others quite as imbecilic as myself. Now, however, it will be for five nights a week, with four vicious Irish women who have spent the day being mentally stymied by reams of ungrateful children (and there is one who claims that she likes to hit the people that she knows the most, and shies from strangers). Intense, to say the least. I envision situations like this -
Walking down the corridor in school. Fellow teacher / tae-kwon-doer accidentally bumps into person but victim is convinced of the deliberateness of the move and later batters the crap out of her whilst protesting that this is the nature of the sport.
Nothing shall ever be innocent again. I look forward to the bruises and the blood clots.
I spent an extremely interesting weekend in Gunsan with Cara. We were on an air base having a barbeque (with real cheese!) and playing rugby (a real game!) albeit with an American football. Then we had a drunken night out in a place called, in a fit of inspiration and probably for the cerebrally challenged that frequent it, America Town. This is a place that consists of the following - juicys, plastic beakers, faux champagne, sleazy military men devoid of qualms and some interesting cocktails that are eminently drinkable and horrifyingly inxicating. It all ended, messily, with someone belting out Paradise City and some creative tambourining in a noribang.
I shall return to the pool table now steeled against humiliation (a lesson well learned in university, methinks, through discovering the things that you're really crap at.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home