Hot Weather = Dolphins
It's a simple equation really - the hotter it gets, the more dolphins appear to be involved. As it is, it's 37 degrees celsius at the moment and I shall be swimming with these intelligent beasts in Rockingham next Wednesday which promises to be fun. Mike commented that perhaps there is only one rather disillusioned dolphin, called Rocky, who is swimming around in lacksadaisical little circles. Hopefully the experience won't quite be this painful.
In fact, our planned WA adventures are all aquatic, really - we are flying up to Exmouth to scuba dive and swim with whale sharks, for about five blissful days. Swimming with a whale shark is bound to be an unbeatable highlight. They are HUGE! Their mouths are the size of several small children.
And this Wednesday, we get to fulfil Mike's lifelong dream of holding a wombat. He shall perform this action at a nature park full of Australia's oddest, and probably grumpiest, animals. I know that koalas look cute but their fluffy ears conceal black, black hearts.
We visited Scarborough Beach this weekend, the beach of my childhood. I apparently used to pester my long suffering grandfather with the chant 'I want to go to the beach!' repeated ad nauseum. It was as beautiful as I hazily remembered, and to top off the day, a couple of drunken, underage Aussie kids got into a brawl which the entire beach deserted their towels to go and gawk at. We also had dinner cooked for us two days in a row - once by my aunt Irene and once by our housemate - the transition to cheap ass traveller in nearly complete. We are experts are getting concession bus prices.
In fact, our planned WA adventures are all aquatic, really - we are flying up to Exmouth to scuba dive and swim with whale sharks, for about five blissful days. Swimming with a whale shark is bound to be an unbeatable highlight. They are HUGE! Their mouths are the size of several small children.
And this Wednesday, we get to fulfil Mike's lifelong dream of holding a wombat. He shall perform this action at a nature park full of Australia's oddest, and probably grumpiest, animals. I know that koalas look cute but their fluffy ears conceal black, black hearts.
We visited Scarborough Beach this weekend, the beach of my childhood. I apparently used to pester my long suffering grandfather with the chant 'I want to go to the beach!' repeated ad nauseum. It was as beautiful as I hazily remembered, and to top off the day, a couple of drunken, underage Aussie kids got into a brawl which the entire beach deserted their towels to go and gawk at. We also had dinner cooked for us two days in a row - once by my aunt Irene and once by our housemate - the transition to cheap ass traveller in nearly complete. We are experts are getting concession bus prices.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home