My First Serenadation!
Sometimes, sedate nights out can end on a perfectly crazy note. I was walking home from a club with a friend on Saturday night when a bloke stumbled up to me and said to my companion, ‘Is this your girlfriend?’. My friend replied no, in a tone of horror usually reserved for catching sight of zombie necrophilia, or even a fat kid who’s just discovered that someone has eaten the last piece of cake. Anyway, the random bloke took my purported singledom as an excuse to enlist his equally drunken friend to sing to me. They were actually pretty decent - even going as far to improvise with their lyrics to suit my actions - ‘She’s walking down the road, oh-ohhhhh, she’s walking up the stairs, yeah!’. Awesome stuff.
I was kindly escorted to North Stradbroke Island at the weekend for a reggae / dub festival. This basically consisted of a ramshackle stage (actually, two!), some random stalls, an animals rights group and a vegan food stall. It was a hippie fest and lots of fun simply to observe...especially the skinny dippers at the nearby beach that took all off in front of lots of shocked couples walking their St Bernards. I confess to chuckling quite a lot to that one.
Munro shall be descending upon Brisbane this week and I can only hope that Australia hasn’t received its full quota of yoooooos for the year as she most certainly will provide them.
Ha! The Land Down Under is on the radio right now!
I am beginning to love Australians more and more, even if they only have one football chant (Aussie Aussie Aussie - Oi Oi Oi! - truly inspirational). Maybe my Aussie heritage is returning to haunt me and I will rediscover my predilection for BBQs and VB beer. Ok, never the last one. Never!
I was kindly escorted to North Stradbroke Island at the weekend for a reggae / dub festival. This basically consisted of a ramshackle stage (actually, two!), some random stalls, an animals rights group and a vegan food stall. It was a hippie fest and lots of fun simply to observe...especially the skinny dippers at the nearby beach that took all off in front of lots of shocked couples walking their St Bernards. I confess to chuckling quite a lot to that one.
Munro shall be descending upon Brisbane this week and I can only hope that Australia hasn’t received its full quota of yoooooos for the year as she most certainly will provide them.
Ha! The Land Down Under is on the radio right now!
I am beginning to love Australians more and more, even if they only have one football chant (Aussie Aussie Aussie - Oi Oi Oi! - truly inspirational). Maybe my Aussie heritage is returning to haunt me and I will rediscover my predilection for BBQs and VB beer. Ok, never the last one. Never!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home