Monday, April 03, 2006

Mike-astrophe!

Hello! I am sending yet another useless report of glib, smug wish-you-were-here kind of reportage and most of all, I wish to share with you some very important information as regards a certain Mike Freeman, my boyfriend, fellow traveller and someone you could call Uniquely Disastrous. Fortunately, his disasters are usually funny:

1) Losing his glasses out of his pocket on his first day of work (he had to pay 450 dollars for a new pair). Verdict: Not Funny
2) Misplacing my aunt's key from the hiding place that she had specifically told us about, but fortunately they were able to get back in the house through an unlocked door. Mike later recovered the key. Verdict: Humourous
3) Losing his plane tickets and going to Qantas with his tail between his legs to see if he could get them replaced, only to find them later that evening on the bed.Verdict: Hilarious (in retrospect)

I can't claim to be the perfect traveller - indeed, my disasters would rival Mike's if he wasn't such a sporting type who is of great help, usually, but I report these events as they all occurred in an alarmingly short time period. We may all laugh at the 'someone's gonna get eaten by a whale shark' jokes but when we are prying Mike out from between the jaws of a thrashing sea behemoth, no one will be laughing. No one!

Ok, a quick summary of events in the week past: went to karaoke on Tuesday night where Mike sang the Divinyls 'I Touch Myself' (fortunately without actions). Swam with bottlenose dolphins on Wednesday - they frolicked! They ate! They mated! They harassed female dolphins! Went to AQWA, WA's premier aquarium on Saturday then to a school fete (don't ask) where Mike rode one of those bucking bronco me-bobbies and lasted a glorious 30 seconds. Sunday - more aqua related activities - we went body boarding in the morning which was great fun. You can't feel more Aussie than when you are smelling decadently of pies and sunscreen and you are riding some sort of a wave. We also went snorkelling but a cyclone had rather chopped up the water and left us with little visibility. Oh well. The adventures continue to roll in thick and fast.

I also braved the immigration office again and found out, according to some trusty bureaucratic computers, that I am still officially an Australian citizen. If I get my passport, I can stay here indefinitely! I will now patiently await the barrage of mail begging me not to do that....(still waiting)

Exmouth tomorrow! Whale sharks the day after!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please stay, oh i mean don't stay, come back!!!

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you better come back missus!!!!! Reading your blog is like having you in the room! you write how you talk....ive only met 2 people that do that.. you and conor.
p.s i quit centra and have an interview in tesco on thursday! (i really should send you an email about that ;p)
love ya and miss ya (miss the big canuck too!)
god this is practically an email! hope you read it!!

kevin xox

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home