Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sorry Derek - Vegetarianism is Calling

Well, where to start? I have always fallen back into the realm of lists whenever I have an overload of information so here goes -

1) I'm healthy!
2) Aoife has arrived in Brisbane!
3) There are now three of us in my bedroom and I have been helpfully informed that my room smells like 'girl'. I can only assume that's a good thing.
4) The hot social spot for my house is outside, just below my bedroom window and two nights ago, a man (who shall remain nameless) was chatting to some of my housemates. He then proceeded to utter a classic line - "Yeah, I heard, like, that there's something in Coke that causes you to become fat if you drink too much." Give the boy a food pyramid (highlighting the word sugar).
5) Munro, Bole and I went to Moreton Island yesterday, the 'world's third biggest sand island' and had a great time. Munro and I went sand tobogganing. I think that this is Australians bemoaning their lack of snow and inventing a reasonably viable alternative. It was brilliant fun but I don't ever remember tobogganing down a snowy slope and getting a faceful of sand.
6) Munro and I went to a rock/indie/reggae/metal local music festival at the weekend. Cue headbanging, vegan food, animal cruelty stalls and I actually cracked and have decided to become a vegetarian proper.
7) We also went to a gig on Thursday night with a group of really cool girls and - to cut a long, painful story short - I ended up getting locked into a closed part of the pub and had to escape by climbing over scaffolding and over a fake plasterboard wall into the boys toilets. You can probably guess that there's more to it than that but no one shall ever, ever know! Ever!
8) Munro and I had a huge bitching session about how the Terry's Chocolate Orange ads are false advertising. You can never, ever make the orange pieces fall apart the way they do just by tapping it gently on top.

Lists are most definitely the fall back of the desperate. If I could form long, coherent passages right now, I would. As it stands, I am definitely having several 'Fire bad, tree pretty' moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home