The Afore-promised Mike Highlights...
Hello all!
I am posting from Wellington after a long arduous day of travelling from Kaikoura. We took the Interislander ferry on what has been called 'one of the most beautiful ferry journeys in the world'. Now I don't want to call New Zealanders greedy (well, I do actually) but they have claimed a lot of 'most beautiful in the world' titles. We have been on the Tranzalpine, 'one of the most beautiful train journeys in the world' and their glaciers are meant to be 'the most spectacular', the Southern Alps are at least the beauty equivalent of their European cousins and there is nowhere more beautiful to do a skydive. So basically, everywhere in South America is destined to be disappointing. 'The tallest in the world' and 'highest city above sea level' are not going to impress anyone. I shall look upon these geographical features with disdain, disdain!
Anyhow, to Mike. I guess the Mike highlight so far has been this. I am going to describe it fully because it deserves its moment in the proverbial blog-a-rific spotlight.
We were in the YHA in Queenstown and had settled into our rooms after checking in. Mike, Aoife and I were alone and then three new roommates (complete strangers at this stage) walked into the room. We started up the friendly, standard 'where are you from?' questions then, mid-sentence, and completely unexpectedly, Mike pulled his trousers down to reveal a stunning pair of turquoise y-fronts. And they were skimpy. He was simply trying to change his clothing but the timing ensured maximum looks of horror from our new roommates. They quickly made their excuses and left the room with presumably burned retinas.
Aoife and I laughed for about six hours afterwards. Our roommates unsurprisingly declined our friendly offer to join us for a drink.
Other Mike highlights include:
1) whilst filling out a waiver form, asking if 'extreme sexiness' is a chronic medical condition.
2) knocking a glass table and breaking a pepper shaker in an attempt to pursue a possum. On a main street. And the possum didn't exist.
There are more but they escape my mind right now, predominantly because I'm still sniggering to myself. I promise to update this section as Mike-tastophes continue to occur.
I am posting from Wellington after a long arduous day of travelling from Kaikoura. We took the Interislander ferry on what has been called 'one of the most beautiful ferry journeys in the world'. Now I don't want to call New Zealanders greedy (well, I do actually) but they have claimed a lot of 'most beautiful in the world' titles. We have been on the Tranzalpine, 'one of the most beautiful train journeys in the world' and their glaciers are meant to be 'the most spectacular', the Southern Alps are at least the beauty equivalent of their European cousins and there is nowhere more beautiful to do a skydive. So basically, everywhere in South America is destined to be disappointing. 'The tallest in the world' and 'highest city above sea level' are not going to impress anyone. I shall look upon these geographical features with disdain, disdain!
Anyhow, to Mike. I guess the Mike highlight so far has been this. I am going to describe it fully because it deserves its moment in the proverbial blog-a-rific spotlight.
We were in the YHA in Queenstown and had settled into our rooms after checking in. Mike, Aoife and I were alone and then three new roommates (complete strangers at this stage) walked into the room. We started up the friendly, standard 'where are you from?' questions then, mid-sentence, and completely unexpectedly, Mike pulled his trousers down to reveal a stunning pair of turquoise y-fronts. And they were skimpy. He was simply trying to change his clothing but the timing ensured maximum looks of horror from our new roommates. They quickly made their excuses and left the room with presumably burned retinas.
Aoife and I laughed for about six hours afterwards. Our roommates unsurprisingly declined our friendly offer to join us for a drink.
Other Mike highlights include:
1) whilst filling out a waiver form, asking if 'extreme sexiness' is a chronic medical condition.
2) knocking a glass table and breaking a pepper shaker in an attempt to pursue a possum. On a main street. And the possum didn't exist.
There are more but they escape my mind right now, predominantly because I'm still sniggering to myself. I promise to update this section as Mike-tastophes continue to occur.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home