Errant Stupidity
Hello all!
I'm not sure if anyone reads this still but I am still egotistical enough to assume that at least one person does so I shall keep updating with my travel stories. Unfortunately, I have been doing an absolute crap load of stuff since I last blogged and am now mentally incapable of recording it via the medium of type. I may have to stoop to something simpler, like paper airplanes or wildly vacillating finger motions.
Mike, Aoife and I have now nearly completed our South Island adventures. We did all kinds of crazy things - my personal craziest was doing a 12000ft skydive over the epic scenery of Wanaka (woo me!). It was suitably terrifying but mostly, it was fantastic fun. My tandem instructor, Geoff, was kind enough to point out where all the sheep were on our way down. It was 45 seconds of freefall but fortunately, the fact that the ground is so far away means that your eyes deceive your brain into believing that it's not real.
We also climbed the Franz Josef Glacier, a natural marvel that is one of only 5 glaciers accessible to beguiled tourists such as ourselves. The hardest part was trusting the spikes attached to your boot to actually hold you to the ice as there were some truly perilous drops and crevasses to keep a beady eye out for.
Mike did river sledging, a crazy boogie boarding type activity down a fast flowing river. He returned to Aoife and I with a kind of shell shocked look on his face.
I could bore you with allllll our activities but it's really too much to keep track of. Other brief highlights have been Wanaka's crazy cinema with a car in it, getting up close to sea lions, penguins, albatrosses and fur seals in the wild, meeting lots of crazy people along the way and, of course, the Mike highlights. There have been many. And they shall be recorded for posterity, oh yes they shall!
I'm not sure if anyone reads this still but I am still egotistical enough to assume that at least one person does so I shall keep updating with my travel stories. Unfortunately, I have been doing an absolute crap load of stuff since I last blogged and am now mentally incapable of recording it via the medium of type. I may have to stoop to something simpler, like paper airplanes or wildly vacillating finger motions.
Mike, Aoife and I have now nearly completed our South Island adventures. We did all kinds of crazy things - my personal craziest was doing a 12000ft skydive over the epic scenery of Wanaka (woo me!). It was suitably terrifying but mostly, it was fantastic fun. My tandem instructor, Geoff, was kind enough to point out where all the sheep were on our way down. It was 45 seconds of freefall but fortunately, the fact that the ground is so far away means that your eyes deceive your brain into believing that it's not real.
We also climbed the Franz Josef Glacier, a natural marvel that is one of only 5 glaciers accessible to beguiled tourists such as ourselves. The hardest part was trusting the spikes attached to your boot to actually hold you to the ice as there were some truly perilous drops and crevasses to keep a beady eye out for.
Mike did river sledging, a crazy boogie boarding type activity down a fast flowing river. He returned to Aoife and I with a kind of shell shocked look on his face.
I could bore you with allllll our activities but it's really too much to keep track of. Other brief highlights have been Wanaka's crazy cinema with a car in it, getting up close to sea lions, penguins, albatrosses and fur seals in the wild, meeting lots of crazy people along the way and, of course, the Mike highlights. There have been many. And they shall be recorded for posterity, oh yes they shall!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home