Thunderstorm....
Hello! I just witnessed an awesome thunderstorm (there's something fascinating about seeing something so crazy and primitive in a city setting) which lit up the skies with lightning, pelted cars with hailstones and made lots of women's floaty summer blouses completely see through.
I have handed in my notice and am ready to fly to Sy-der-ney on November 28th then on to Christchurch December 1st. As sad as it shall be to leave Brisbane, I am more than ready to adventure onwards and see the land of sheep. Apparently, there are even more sheep in New Zealand than there are in Wales, or even in County Kerry. I look forward to endless baa-ing and flocking.
Munro and I visited a war museum at our local (active) army barracks at the weekend for Remembrance Sunday. We had to sign into the base and wear V for Visitor! badges clipped precariously onto our flimsy summer shirts (no rain that day!). A friendly little Scotsman, who mistakenly assumed that I could read Japanese script, showed us lots of guns and telegrams and uniforms.
Who knew that the highest possible snooker break was 155? Pah!
And double pah - I got bitten on the lip - the lip! - by a mosquito last night. It brought a whole new meaning to beestung lips, only mine was horrendously wonky and it looked like I was trying to smile with a pebble trapped between my gums.
I have a freakishly long list of things to do before I leave Bris-vegas, and it continually grows longer. I will probably arrive in New Zealand in piecemeal.
I have handed in my notice and am ready to fly to Sy-der-ney on November 28th then on to Christchurch December 1st. As sad as it shall be to leave Brisbane, I am more than ready to adventure onwards and see the land of sheep. Apparently, there are even more sheep in New Zealand than there are in Wales, or even in County Kerry. I look forward to endless baa-ing and flocking.
Munro and I visited a war museum at our local (active) army barracks at the weekend for Remembrance Sunday. We had to sign into the base and wear V for Visitor! badges clipped precariously onto our flimsy summer shirts (no rain that day!). A friendly little Scotsman, who mistakenly assumed that I could read Japanese script, showed us lots of guns and telegrams and uniforms.
Who knew that the highest possible snooker break was 155? Pah!
And double pah - I got bitten on the lip - the lip! - by a mosquito last night. It brought a whole new meaning to beestung lips, only mine was horrendously wonky and it looked like I was trying to smile with a pebble trapped between my gums.
I have a freakishly long list of things to do before I leave Bris-vegas, and it continually grows longer. I will probably arrive in New Zealand in piecemeal.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home